Little's Life

Little's Life

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Glooooooooooooooria G-L-O-R-I-A Glooooooooria!

from www.urbandictionary.com

FOOD BABY (fooooooood bay-bee)
When a person, typically a thin one, indulges in a large amount of food which makes their stomach stick out from the fullness as if they're pregnant.
In the movie "Juno"-
Juno: I'm pregnant.
Leah: What? Honest to blog?
Juno: Yeah. Yeah, it's Bleekers.
Leah: It's probably just a food baby. Did you have a big lunch?
Juno: No, this is not a food baby all right?
No, no, this is definitely not a food baby. Tot has officially appeared. I woke up at some point last night when it felt like someone had grabbed a hold of one of my stomach muscles just below my belly button and JeRkEd it with all their might. I promptly fell back asleep though, thanks to the ever present levels of benadryl in my veins that someone seems to be spiking me with every afternoon.

This morning I passed by the mirror and immediately turned around and looked again. All I could think was "that....was....not....there...yesterday..." So looks like a flat belly is a thing of the past for Katherine. It's small, it's still squishy, it disappears if I inhale - but it's there. Tater Tot has decided I should look, not pregnant, but as though I seem to have forgotten to go to the gym this year or just ate an entire Christmas ham. I have warned my poor sweet husband that this signals the beginning of the weight gain but since I've made it 3 months and have only added about 1 pound onto my frame, he is in denial. That, or he's just trying really hard to try and make me feel better by telling me I'm wrong when I tell him to ignore the urge in a few months to start calling me Gloria, the Madagascar Hippo.


And on a totally unrelated note - what the crap happened to Olive Garden's breadsticks?????!!!!!!?????

Where is the drippybutterygarlicy goodness that should adorn the top of the loaves? Why are they now so devoid of topping that they don't leave so much as a spot on the white napkins that cover them? BOOOOOOO! SHAME ON YOU, OLIVE GARDEN!!! Those breadsticks used to be reason enough to patron your restaurant! Now they are nothing but a crappy side dish you can use to sop up your leftover marina. You need a way to cut some overhead costs? Here's an idea: Get rid of those disgusting Andes mints you shower your guests with at the end of the meal and leave those breadsticks alone!!!!!!!!!


today: 12 weeks, 5 days (yup, that means only 2 more days left in the 1st trimester)

No comments:

Post a Comment