Little's Life

Little's Life

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

HE CRAWLED!!!!

I'm too excited to even try to come up with something clever to call this post. All I care about right now is announcing to the world that my baby boy turned 16 months old today and at week 7 of physical therapy, CRAWLED FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of him! He has so many factors working against him - the muscle tone, the left side weakness, the supinated ankles - and he pushed and pushed himself today during therapy and crawled across the floor to me. If you would have told me 2 months ago that at week 7 of PT, my floppy, weak little love would crawl 5 feet across the living room floor into my lap, I would have called you crazy and rolled my eyes at your ridiculousness. I am JOYFULLY acknowledging that I would have been wrong! Even PT Heather said she never would have guessed he'd crawl so soon. We were thinking 7 months, not 7 weeks. My heart is just bursting with joy and pride for him. And of course, he crawls for the 1st time 2 hours after Mister leaves on a PSU Mission. Hopefully Tot will keep getting better at it and will crawl to his dad when he comes home in a few. :) :) :) :) :) :) And of course I got it on video. You can hear PT Heather and I gasp when he starts to do it on his own and then yeah, you can hear me cry. 'Cuz that's what I do.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I was crying right along with yall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That video made me cry too! Congrats to you and Andrew!
    -Jill (sweetpea03)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Okay I teared up when I was watching it because I know just how you feel!!! I am so excited to see he is making such quick progress. You guys are doing such a great job with him:)

    ReplyDelete