Little's Life

Little's Life

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

We need a new goal

because we've met our "walking by his 2nd birthday" goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




December 12, 2011, my baby boy took his first real steps.  ANDREW IS WALKING!






Mister was sitting there on the floor, trying to get Little to balance in a standing position and he just headed over to the couch!  All by himself - no prompting from us.  Little Boy just gathered up his courage and walked by himself!  He did it several times, then we let him walk back and forth between us for a while.  His longest walk was 12 steps.

After a few passes between his parents, he went for what was really important:



He's been walking short distances (mostly from me to the couch) for 2 days now and his balance is getting better and better.  He had PT this morning and when she walked in the door, I set Tot behind his walker.  PtHeather gasped before he even did anything,  When he pushed his walker across the floor to her, she screamed and clapped her hands.  It was so great to see how excited she is for Little.  I told her to get ready because we weren't done with the show, and I sat on the floor where Mister is in the videos.  PtHeather started tearing up before I even let go of him.  Tot walked to the couch and I think I actually heard fireworks going off in PtHeather's heart!  Andrew is usually pretty cranky during PT, but not today.  He was so happy to show her he could walk and passed back and forth between us dozens of times.  He even tried to stand up from the floor by himself (that'll be the new goal). BEST PT DAY EVER!



Now I can't wait to have him greet OtJennifer on Monday morning by walking across the floor to her!


Here's one from his second day was walking with an aide.



Now he tries to walk with everything that isn't nailed down.

So goal met with 5 weeks to spare!

5 comments:

  1. Stop making me cry at work! So awesome. I'm going to show my daughter these vidoes tonight. She's 3 and really close to walking. Maybe Little will show her the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Laurelsmom! (No, no I'm not)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stop tearing up with excitement. That's so wonderful. Maybe the next goal down the road will be riding a bike.?? I look forward to seeing all the happy moments in your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Melissa! I look forward to those moments, too!

    ReplyDelete