Little's Life

Little's Life

Thursday, December 8, 2011

All Aboard!

The train is leaving the station.



Ignore the laundromat that is my living room floor.  I was in the middle of folding the laundry when we noticed he was eyeballing his train and getting gutsy so I jumped up and grabbed the camera, leaving behind a mountain of yoga pants and socks.



He's an old pro already.



I can't believe it!  I seriously cannot believe that my little, muscle diseased, motor delayed, beautiful baby boy is this close to walking.  I've been in tears for 15 minutes now because I've always had a seed of doubt in the back of my mind that maybe he wouldn't ever walk unaided.  But now - watching him take his first steps with his train and seeing how quickly he became comfortable enough to push it one handed (and steer!)and how balanced and coordinated he was....it's real.  It's real now.  I believe and I can say with all certainty that HE IS GOING TO WALK.  And it's going to happen soon.  Our original goal with his PT was to have him walking by his 2nd birthday.  That's only 6 weeks away...........we just might make it.



!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHH!!!! I am SOOOOOO EXCITED for y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Smooch that boy for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would be!!!!! Ah I wish you were still down the street so you could come see it for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All praise to God and Katherine. May He continue to bless you all. Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man!! Keep it up Andrew and you'll be RUNNING down the aisle in May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go, go, go ... hey....wait for me!!!! I'm tickled pink! How exciting!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welp, now I'm crying again, Brother. I hadn't even gone to May in my mind yet. Oh crap this is so awesome! He's officially a toddler now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tears of joy! What an awesome early Christmas gift!! :) God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The preview on the 1st video is hilarious - the play button is over his diaper so he looks nekkid!

    ReplyDelete