Little's Life

Little's Life

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Snake in the Grass

Mister is quite possibly the worst vacation taker on the planet.  He has been on leave for 3 days and has gone to work 4 times, one of which was at 5:45 this morning FOR PT!!!!!!!!! (*pt means physical training, for you non-military folks)  Oh, yeah, that's right - my husband voluntarily went in for pt this morning during his vacation days.  LEAVE FAIL.  Ugh.  We'll see how he copes not being able to go into the office for 2 weeks while in Arkansas here in a few days.  He just might have a stroke.  Is there some clinical term for the extreme co-dependancy  once has with his office chair?  Not workaholic, this is much more severe than that.  Tanya, Liz, are ya'll reading this?  *Slams head into brick wall.

So a month or so ago, I posted about how it had been a year since Little's diagnosis and how living with that kind of knowledge about what is happening and is coming down the road for him has taken a toll on me and my health. I talked about needing a break and wishing I could afford a gym with good child care and how maybe that would help out with the chronic headaches I've had since October.  Well never did I imagine that I would receive a message in my Facebook inbox telling me that We3Ps were now active members of the Hopkinsville, Kentucky YMCA.  Yup, all 3 of us full on, all membership dues paid through September 2013, Village People singing, Y-ers.  All we had to do was go in, sign a few forms, and pose for our membership photos.



I gave the lady in charge of the child care workers the short and sweet version of Duchenne (no reason to break her heart, we won't be there when the tough starts happening) and Little's limitations for now (you know, don't pull him by the arms, he falls down a lot but you'll get used to it, he might climb up but the only way down is to fall, etc) and I watched her immediately go to her staff and brief the ones who were there.  :)  The toddler room has so many toys in it that Little didn't even wait for Mister and I to tell him what was going on, he just saw all the fun he could have and reached right up to the first child care attendant he saw and was OFF.  So no hesitation or split second of separation anxiety there whatsoever.  Sweet.  So we left him in there and went on our tour.  From the cardio room, you can see into the toddler room.  So that will help me out until I get used to leaving him in the care of others.  SO...........................I'm the one with the separation anxiety.  lol

The programs I'll be jumping on during my year at the Y:

  • child care while I'm in the gym or one of the free classes like spin or yoga *for free!
  • 6 weeks with a trainer to help you figure out a fitness plan *for free!
  • toddler music class
  • fitness class for special needs children to make sure they get their fair share of time with the toys and equipment once a week *for free!
  • swimming lessons next spring/summer
  • Mother's Day out on Thursdays - obvi I won't be using this every week, but it's nice to know I have the option
So I am pumped.  Oh my gosh, seriously so excited and grateful and still shaking my head in disbelief that this person did this for us.  In the first chapter of Jeremiah, the Lord says to him that He knew him before he was born.  The Lord knows all of us before we are born.  He also tells us in Hebrews that He will not forsake us nor abandon us.  So knowing these things, I believe that the Lord puts certain people and things in our paths to make sure that we are taken care of.  I don't know if ya'll have all been put in *my* path or *Little's* path, but not a day goes by that we don't pray prayers of gratitude for you.  I truly have been blessed with some of the most amazing people.  I know I say this in almost every post I write, but how can I not?  How can I let a day go by where I don't express my joy in having you all in my life?  If I tried to hold it in, I honestly might blow out my carotid artery.  

Now onto snakes.

Me


Little



He was a little less excited when it started squirming around his arm.


Yes, he's inside my car.  LOL!  He was already in his car seat when I spotted the little slitherer and we were running late, so instead of missing out on Little's first chance to hold a real live snake, I just brought it into the car.  I made him promise not to drop it or squeeze it to death (I know, I realize that's asking a lot of a 2 year old, but he did great!) then I called Mister over to watch him as I ran inside for my camera.

He was delighted with himself.  He loves snakes.  He and Mister call each other "You snake in the grass!" all the time so for him to get to hold a real live snake instead of the rubber one he carres around the house was a bigfatdeal.  

So have ya'll realized yet that I was the one who picked the snake up and brought it to him inside the car?  Mhmm, me.  The one who is deathly afraid of all spiders and insects big and small.  Me.  The one who once trapped a zipper inside a drinking glass and left it for Mister and Wido to dispose of when they got home from work.  Yet for some reason, snakes I am not afraid of.  Mister couldn't believe it either.

Ok, so I'm placing the tee shirt order next week, let me know if you want one!  And head over to facebook if you want in on the thirty-one party, it ends on Friday!  And don't forget to tune in Sunday to the MDA's Show of Strength on Fox!!!!

4 comments:

  1. yeah Andrew !!! Pepaw used to bring home snakes but Uncle Daniel got grounded from playing with them because he opened the mouth of one Pepaw brought home to look inside and opened it too wide ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice about the Y! We LOVE our local Y and I take the kids there at least 3-4x per week. They adore the play area and I adore working out and getting a break. That is a very generous gift - we pay $99/month for our family. Enjoy it, use it, revel in it, take care of yourself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great for you and Little! Hope the headaches are getting better! So nice to know there are still some kind people out there. Unfortunately, you don't hear those as often. Just what I needed to hear today. Enjoy!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrew
    My name is Jenna. You are a brave courageous fighter, You are a special miracle from god, a gift from above, earthly angel, a smilen hero. You are full of happiness, life, smiles, joy, fun,love, and spunk.

    I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have 14 other medical conditions, and developmental delays.

    I wrote this poem
    Each of us are Special
    Each of us different,
    No one is the same
    Each of are us are unique in our own way,
    Those of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.
    Those who of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.
    It doesn't matter what others say
    we are special anyway.
    What is forty feet and sings? the school chior
    http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete