Little's Life

Little's Life

Monday, February 8, 2010

Weeks 2, 3, and what's to come

Yeah.....all I gave him was curly hair and a pointy chin. He's Mini-Mister all the way from his head to his toes (his poor feet.....).


Well after a flood of visitors, the 3 of us are finally having some time alone as a family. Some very very short time alone. See.........Mr's deployment orders have been changed. He was not supposed to leave for OIF until Tot was 2 or 3 months old but now he's leaving for OEF (not a typo - his country changed, too) in a few days. Andrew will be less than a month old when Mr leaves. It's going to be a very long year without him, but Andrew and I can handle it. I've done it before, I can do it again. Except this time, instead of Femhusband Jessica, my distraction will be my newborn son! We don't know exactly where Mr is being sent (and if we did, I couldn't type it into here anyway), what he'll be doing, or when he'll be coming home, but hopefully soon after he sets boots on the ground "over there" we'll get some more information. It looks like he'll be gone a full year but there is a chance he'll come home at 10 months since the unit he is joining there started thier deployment 2 months ago. *fingers crossed for that* Yes, he's leaving sooner than expected - No, we're not ready for him to go - BUT the earlier he leaves, the earlier he'll be back and now we've got a real chance at Mr not missing Tot's first steps, first birthday, and first Christmas. All of these things he was definitely going to miss if his orders had not changed. We'd both rather him miss a few extra months NOW when all Andrew does is poop, eat, sleep, and cry than a few months where he's saying "mama" and "dada" while taking those first little steps. So looks like I"ll be going Andrew's first year alone. This blog should be getting a TON more interesting.


Little man is still little. We have a weight check today to see if he's back to his birth weight yet. A week ago he was at 7lbs, 1oz - 5 oz below his birth weight. He'd grown 1/2 an inch, though.


Here are our pictures for weeks 2 & 3:



Meeting Gran

Dancing the Mexican Hat Dance

With Mama at 2.5 weeks old


Mauling the giraffe Gran gave him

And a video!

2 comments:

  1. Too cute!

    I'm sorry about your hubby leaving so soon but you have a great attitude about this deployment. Hopefully your Tot can keep you busy and it'll will fly by!

    I certainly will love following your updates since our boys are only a few days apart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for you and the mister!!!!

    And I must say, I LOVE the video of Andrew!! I think it was the first time I've ever picked up on a babies cry, haha!! When he was crying, i was thinking.. hmmm he sounds hungry :) I never knew what Nathan wanted, haha!!

    Keep the pictures and videos coming!!

    ReplyDelete