Little's Life

Little's Life

Monday, July 11, 2011

Let the baby-proofing begin!

Andrew is officially crawling now!  He's done it at least once per day for the past week, minus the weekend in the hospital, all on his own.  I don't beg him to, I don't put him on all fours, I don't help him along - he's finally just decided to try it all on his own.  His shoulders have gotten stronger and he's feeling more comfortable with it so he crawls short distances a few times a day.  He is also starting to pull himself up to what his PT calls "tall kneeling" *see video* so I've had to start baby proofing!  I remember a coworker of Mister's saying to us once how frusterating it will be to have to babyproof everything.  I told him that I would thrilled if the day ever came that I had to buy cabinet locks and corner guards - well..............



AND I AM THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think people who never have to struggle when it comes to babies (getting pregnant, staying pregnant, birthing average and/or healthy babies, etc)don't understand how important are some milestones. While a crying baby may frazzle some DH and I would literally laugh with joy when Lily would cry b/c we didn't know if we would ever experience such a wonderful sound. I also have a friend whose son was dx with autism, and one evening talking about her son's place on the spectrum she said he's so locked in he never gets into trouble. Never pilfers, never investigates, is never curious about the "new." She said just once she wanted to walk into a room and find the contents of her cabinets emptied onto the floor with her son smack dab in the middle of the mess. Now go to BRU and clear out their shelves of everything "baby safety!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Andrew!!! What awesome progress!!!!

    ReplyDelete