Little's Life

Little's Life

Saturday, December 26, 2009

MeRrY cHrIsTmAs!

Hope everyone's Christmas was great! This was our last one as a famly of 2 - the next one will be SO different. I'll have an 11 (ish) month old, be in Arkansas with family (hopefully), and may not have Mister there (it's the Army, we can't ever assume he'll be home). Anyway, it was a good day. Mister got me a new cell phone so I *should* actually receive phone calls now that don't disconnect 14 times in a row!

Christmas Eve was officially the end of my 36th week of pregnancy. So 1 more week to go and Andrew will be considered full term (as in fully cooked ~ if he comes out before Thursday he'll be considered a premie). Only 4 weeks til my due date. Can't believe I'll only be preggo for 1 more month (6 weeks if he refuses to come out on his own). I cannot WAIT to not be pregnant anymore!!!!!!!!!!! It hasn't been awful, but man I'm done with fat knees and fingers. I want to wear my wedding rings again. I want to sleep on my stomach. I want to wear jeans without a hula hoop of stretchy fabric around the top in lieu of a button and zipper. I want to see my toes. In the last 4 weeks I've had a migraine, a kidney stone (that I handled w/o medical intervention, thank you very much), developed carpal tunnel in both wrists, stop being able to breathe out of my nose, and at 34 weeks, Andrew dropped. *Dropping is when the baby settles down into the pelvis, head down, in preparation for birth. That means it's harder to walk, sit, sleep, etc.. but eaiser to eat and breathe. The pangs that come along with his newest position are HORRID. I'm so blessed that I didn't have to deal with most pregnancy symptoms/complications for the first 8 months bc this last one has been ridiculous and I've still got 1 more to go (yes, I'm aware that 8+2=10...there are 10 lunar months ~ as in 40 weeks~ in a pregnancy). I will, however, miss the endless acrobatics going on in my stomach. I spend more time watching my belly than doing anything else. It's amazing how much motion goes on in there that we can actually see. Sometimes I think Andrew invites friends over.

Here are the pictures we took on Christmas:











We've decided Andrew should come on out and play Jan 2 or 3. That way we don't have to give up New Year's for the next 18 years and we don't have to wait til Jan 21st. We're not impatient at all! HA!

So hope you all had a very merry Christmas and maybe my next post will be a bit more exciting?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment