Little's Life

Little's Life

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Babushka?



Well telling everyone was a blast. Sam couldn't wait til I went to the Doc, he made it about 6 seconds after finding out before calling his dad. SO adorable.


My mom and Sherry had the best reactions. I think they both ended up sitting with thier heads between thier knees once we hung up the phone. I guess I should have called them "Grandma" and "Gigi". Speaking of --- what to call everyone? I mean some of you already have names (like Gran and Mamaw) but some of you get to pick your own. Here's what we've got so far.




my parents: Grandma and Grandpa




my grandparents: Great Grandma, Mamaw, Papaw, the Jews (I'm KIDDING Pop and Pearl!!!)




Sam's parents: Mimi, Gigi, Pops, and ?????????? Sorry Debbie, P-Maw is OUT. Sam and I both agree that our Tot is not calling you "Urine Maw". No offense Palmer, you call your grandparents whatever you want. Your curls let you get away with it. And Bob from Bob Miller Insurance - that's too much for a tot to say. We'll have to shorten it to something more feasible. ;)




Sam's grandparents: Gran, Pappy, Mamaw C, Papaw F, Nana, Tom (creative, right?!)




Then of course we have all the Aunts and Uncles who will NOT be calles "Aunt Christie" or "Uncle Daniel". We may refer to you that way but Tot can just say Christie and Daniel. I never had to call any of my tias y tios by a title. (Apparently I'm spanish now)




Oh and while we're on the subject of names, Tater Tot one day will have a name fit for a human and not one for a tasty side item. It will be one of these 2:


I'm hoping for Hannah. :) Andrew was Russell's middle name. We decided pretty immediately after 02.11.07 that if we ever had a boy we'd use it. I even asked his sister if she was ok with it. We didn't want to infringe incase she wants to do the same thing one day.

2 comments:

  1. Good names. I'm adding a link to your blog on mine. I have links to blogs for Rebekah, Megan, Amy Abbott, Whitney Wilson, Rachel Davis... Send me your email address so I can invite you; mine's private. Seth urged me to do that once Setler was born. You don't want just anyone knowing all your biz when you have a baby.
    P.S. Post a belly pic. It's so neat to look back and see how it grew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once there's a belly to show :) I think I'm growing the tot in my hips and thighs.

    ReplyDelete